Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Miss Trefonas's 2009-2010 5th grade Class

May 2010


Dear Students and Parents,

WOW! Where does time go? The students in my 2009-2010 5th grade class have definitely made this saying true: “Time flies when you are having fun!” As much as I am looking forward to summer activities, I'm not looking forward to saying good-bye to this year's students.

.

The school year has been filled with many fond memories. The books that have been read this year has been incredible. I think the overall favorite read aloud was Regarding the Fountain by Kate Klise. A fantastic accomplishment this year was that many of the students met their SCOOPer Reading goals for all three trimesters! Some other memorable moments were the Trade Fair, Junior Achievement skits, School House Rocks songs, T.G.F.D. with Deputy K., Karina being a Spelling Bee Champion, Susan's China shares, Book Clubs, Narrative writing / Creative writing stories being read aloud, tickets, the talent shows, band & choir concerts, the games Megan's dad invented, Word Quest and Flick Tac Toe, the incredible class discussions we had while reading Jacob's Rescue, Daniel's conversations about turbines and politics, Anne of Green Gables, Stories with Holes, and I could just go on and on!!!!

.

I am proud of each student and know that they are moving on to 6th grade with independent work skills and study habits which will help them succeed at the junior high and beyond. The ability to work with one another and be able to listen, contribute ideas, and get the “task at hand” accomplished was demonstrated repeatedly as the year progressed. This says a lot about each and every student whose goal was to do their best.

.

With confidence, I feel each and every student from this class has the potential to achieve great things as they go on to Lakeview, high school, and hopefully higher education. I look forward to keeping in touch and hearing about future successes and achievements.

.

In closing, I would like to thank the parents for letting me be a part of your child's life for the past nine months. As we leave for the last time on Wednesday, June 2nd, I hope that the children will have at least one lasting memory of our time together.

.

I have 25 very special memories of this year!

.

PLEASE KEEP IN TOUCH:

e-mail = jtrefonas@ccsd66.org